Copy of e-mail sent to Century VW for cinci cruise

Jim Buck wrote:

> Dear General Manager,
>
> Allow me to introduce myself:  My name is Jim Buck, and I work for the company
> that produces the VCN videos for training, the VW product sourcebook and many
> other projects such as ride & drives for dealer training and consumer events.
> We also created the New Beetle Tour 1998, which took the New Beetle to Vintage
> and performance VW shows all across the country.  But my inquiry is of a
> personal nature.
>
> I am an avid watercooled VW enthusiast, and belong to a registry of hundreds of
> Scirocco owners around the world who subscribe to a central e-mail list where we
> share info, parts and performance leads, technical data and friendship.  Coming
> this May 9th we are planning a Midwest gathering of Sciroccos and their owners
> numbering around 25 from as far as British Columbia and NYC, and are seeking a
> dealership provide us with their lot to use for this event.  We have selected
> your dealership due to its size, location and good reputation with members of
> the scirocco list.  Please let me know if you would be interested in pursuing
> this by the end of this week (2/20), and I will make every effort to make this
> event bring positive publicity to your dealership as we make plans.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Jim Buck
> 219-497-0008 ext.240

I'm hoping to hear back from them this week.  If this site doesn't work, I'm almost
certain my local dealer in Fort Wayne would love to host the event, and would
probably do some extras for us as well.  It's Vorderman Motor Werks VW, and they've
just built a brand spanking new dealership right on the main highway.  I know it
would be a longer haul for some of the East Coasters, but would be a little easier
on the guys driving in from the West Coast who are traveling farther.  I will be
there either way if at all possible, and am just offering my local dealer who I know
would be in to it.  Also, several new, clean hotels and restaurants are within
walking distance of the dealership.  It really is a perfect site.

jim

--
Jim Buck
1990 Passat Wagon 2.0 16v