Brake Lights and Turnsignals

Hey List!!

I was fumbling around in my Scirocco the other day,
and when I applied the brakes, I noticed that my brake
lights weren't working. I checked fuses, all fresh.
Someone told me it could be the switch that activates
them on and off. I'm going to take that into account,
but are there any other things that I've overlooked?

Also my driver's side turnsignals is toying with me too! The right
side works perfectly, but when I turn
the parking lights on, the left signal bulb doesn't look as bright as
the right, and it doesn't flash. The
flicker light on my cluster is solid, it doesn't flash
either. I don't know what the hell is going on here!
(I'm just happy because my baby is getting 15" on her
in the spring! Whoohoo!)

TIA

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)