Re: Yuppies [Broken Sway bar brackets]

---Jamie <JJSpurlock@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> I was debating spending 430 bucks on the light weight sway bars that
> AutoTech has for sale.  do these come with the same mounting you
> guys are talking about?

In all likelyhood, yes.  Are you buying the lightweight bars
because they're lighter?  Well, they aren't as light as you might
hope. :)  Mannix weighed these once and compared them to the
solid bars and only came up with a pound or so difference.
Insignificant in my opinion.  Is the front one bigger then 22mm
across?  Too much bigger and you might run the risk of the
mounting bracket or sway bar bushing hitting the outer CV joing
boot or boot strap...

I think so anyway...I'm just trying to picture how close it is...
and with my car up the air (front wheel droop) it hits the clamp
now I think...maybe I'm making it up. :)

==Brett