Re: Lightened flywheels?

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:33:35 -0600 David LeDeaux <dask@lcc.net> writes:
>Is anyone familiar with any lightened flywheels on the market?  If such
>creature doesn't exist, has anyone ever turned theirs to lighten it?
I'm
>just wondering how this would help the "revability" of the engine, how
it
>would affect idle, etc etc.
>
>Any input is appreciated

Id rather keep this a secret but I cant. Velocity sells a lightened
flywheel. Not only do they bring the flywheel down from 12lbs to about
7lbs (YMMV) but they also have it ballanced too. Naturally this requires
a core charge. (That means you send in your old flywheel and you get
another one.)

I have one in both my Roc and my GLi. Makes a good difference and my Roc
rev's like a motorcycle! (.WAV file to be added to my sounds page after
this weekend.) The thing just spools up like that. It did affect the
idle. Insted of it idling at 750 it idled at 1200. I had to lower the
idle but so what. Its just a minor adjustment which means its able ti
odle higher with the old setting so it must be good.  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and