Was: Scirocco S colors (North America)- now MK1 Storm

>On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Mark Peele wrote:
>
>> 1981 Cirrus Gray, Cosmos Silver Metallic (not Diamond Silver as I
>> previously thought), Mars Red, Alpine White, and Black.
>
>In Europe, the Mk1 Scirocco Storm came in "Diamond Silver
>Green Metallic", maybe that has caused some confusion...
>dunno why it's called silver, 'cause its a light green
>metallic colour.
>
>Kareem
>'88 16v

The Storm, which was a U.K. only model, was first available 1979 in two
metallic colours: silver green or black. The second MK1 storm (1981) was
offered in silver, blue or brown.

There was no Storm in 1980.

All of them featured the same 110 hp motor as the Scirocco GTi, and
leather upholstery. They all featured the same Zender front spoiler as
the N.A. Scirocco S model.

On this side of the pond, Kristen's '78 and my '82 are Diamond Silver
and can be seen on the web site below:

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco