Re: karmann/dash vin#

mr. grinch wrote:

> ok i recently checked my vin# for my 86 16v....well it's all wrong. so
> what i was wondering is on the side of my black 16v there are plastic
> type plates between the the side windows..it says karmann on it does
> that mean(any details would be appreciated) it was made in the karmann
> plant or what....also i'm replaceing my cracked dash with one from a
> scrapped car (perfect condition)it has the vin # riveted down what do
> i do with it..because if i don't switch the tags the vin# will be wrong.
> thanks

All the Sciroccos were made in the Karmann plant.

What is wrong about the Dash VIN that you have now? Is it truely the
wrong VIN (from some other car?) Or is part of it seemingly inaccurate,
perhaps based on what you are led to belive it should state, (like place
of manufacture, etc.)

I'm not sur what to do to regain an original VIN plate if the original
was lost.

TBerk