update of problem

yesterday on the way to work, I noticed (how could I not, it's horrible) a
distinct vibration/shutter while decelerating in gear.  last night on the
way home, and today on the way in, I listened (with more than my ears of
course) more closely, and am convinced it's CV joints (as I and some others
had guessed) or a CV joint rather.

my question is as follows:

What is the general consensus on CV joints and replacing?

reman?  new?  all at once? what gives here?
I have no problem with remans, as the car is a commuter only (thus why I'm
looking for another scirocco for the fun car, preferably with no
drivetrain).

and thoughts would be most appreciated. (and prices if you've done this
recently)

BTW I haven't tried to decipher which one it is as of yet, as my floorjack
and stands are at a friends right now.

TIA

--Bret