From: Owen
To: scirocco list
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 2:05 AM
Subject: possible carbon fiber door sill order

Hey everyone,

    I'm just trying to see if there is any interest from the list in geting
a group order in for a set of carbon fiber door sills for our rocs.  They
would be manufactured by a firm in St. Paul, MN called Mach 1 Composites.
If you need an idea of what they look like, check out his corrado ones here.

http://www.users.uswest.net/~mach1comp/index.htm  go to pic gallery, and
corrado for pics of the sills and other stuff.  Price for Corrado sills are
$65/pair.

Now I'm not sure on all the details right now, but you can get the general
idea of looks, cost.. from the web page.  I'm still talking to him about the
details, but wanted to see if there was some interest here on the list so we
may be able to get some made for a bulk discount as Brett is doing with the
floor mats.  If you are interested, please contact me privately, and I'll
get back to everyone who is interested as details come to light.
      I'm getting a set made up for sure, so he will have a mould after
this, but this may be an opportunity to save some bucks which is always
nice.
And if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :)  If
it doesn't interest you, or you think its a waste of money, that's cool, but
others may feel differently.

    TIA,

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 C-SS.