RE: wierd problem

> On Monday, February 08, 1999 6:55 AM, Bret [SMTP:bretb@finsco.com] wrote:
> > Ok, I have a weird one started on the way to work today........
> >
> > in any gear when I downshift of even let off the throttle I get a SERIOUS
> > vibration thought it was clutch at first, but I get no symptoms under
> > acceleration (and because it'll do it with the clutch completely
> > engaged).......
> >
> > this has got to be serious.  I'm just at a loss as to what it is.
> >
> > any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > --Bret

Check your motor mounts, make sure the front or rear one hasn't separated.
Also check your ball joints, front main axle nuts, and see if all your
inner CV joint bolts are tight.  In fact, make sure all your CV joints
are ok.  You can check them by picking up the front of your (block it
properly) then try twisting the axle.  If you can twist the axle and the
tire doesn't move then the outer CV joint is sloppy.  If you twist it, or
move the tire slightly, and you can't feel the transmission gears stop
you right away (with a small amount of tranny slack) then the inner joint
is sloppy.  If you hear any 'clicking' from any joint, it probably needs
replacing.

==Brett