Re: 16V heads

>Can someone tell me what the difference between the 1.8 and the 2.0 head
>on a 16V is???
>
>I hear that the way to go is a 1.8 head on the 2.0 shortblock....I am
>planning on doing this but also adding the motronic system.....
>
>Do the motronic injectors fit the 1.8 head?????
>
>Brian Honnold
>'78 Rocco Ragtop

I've gone over this a bunch of times already, but this is my understanding:

There's little overall shape difference between the 2 heads, they both
work almost identically.  The 2L head is a different casting though, and
has a better exhaust port flow, while the 1.8L head has a better flowing
intake.  The 2L has more metal material where it counts during a porting
job, and can be ported a little bit more.  I've heard that 1.8L head on
a 2L block makes an engine with a bit more power, but I've never heard of
back-to-back tests to confirm this.  Either one makes a great start for
a 16v build up. Oh, and yes, the Motrontic injectors fit a 1.8L 16v head.
If the injectors are shaped differently (doubtful), then different lower
inserts may be required.

==Brett