RE: Ok, I give up!!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem with my 8v. The resistor block is in the engine
compartment underneath that neato black raingaurd on the passengers
side.  The resistor is mounted on top of the fresh air blower squirle
cage.  On mine the resistor was crumbling and wasn't grounding well.  I
ran a jumper wire over the crumbled part and regrounded it to the body.
That was 3 years ago, and it stll works fine.

hope it helps,

Jared