Re: Interior Questions

Jason.r@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I have a bunch of questions... How does the top part of the interior
 door handles attach to the door panel? How big of job is it to change
 the control panel (lights burnt out) for the heater, and anyone remove
 their ashtray and install the three gauge panel? How much modification
 does this require? Also, who sells leather e-brake handle covers? Sorry
 for asking so many questions..>>

	Theres a small post that sticks outta the handle and goes into a metal
bracket behind the door card . . The post may have broken off I had that
happen once . .
There pretty cheeap from a wreckers . .

	To get a light to work again for your heater control you have to find a new
display piece since the light isn't replacable . . I don't know why VW did
this but they did . .
Best thing is to find one at a wreckers again . .

	The three gauge panels aren't to hard to instal but you'll never have an
ashtray again . . Um you have to remove your heater control panel and the
shift boot and remove a bunch of screws and drop what ever trays you have
under the dash . . once you have that removed and you can slide the center
peice out . . if you want you can seperate the upper and lower half of the
center counsel but you might have to remove some wires to make movment easier
for you . . nor remove the oil temp vdo gauge and decrotive peice of the gront
of the upper half of the center councel . . not get a drill knife dremal . .
whatever you want to use to cut out the back of the ashtrys little
compartment. . . not of the ashtry itself rather the compartment it sits in .
.  then install the 3 gauges and senders then wire them up and test it to see
the turn on light up and do what they need to do .. . no reconect anything you
have left over and tape up the wires to the ashtray ligh t so it doesn't short
out anything  . . put evrything back together and go to bed. .

	As for the e-brake boot I got mine form a company called Agla they have an
add in european car and you can get there stuff through most catalog
companies. .  its about 30 to 40 bucks . . .

Hope I answered it all sorry it got kinda long
~Danny~
88 16v Tornado Red