Re: car upgrade

At 07:27 PM 2/3/99 -0600, Derrick wrote:
>How much in your view would it cost to upgrade to the 2.0 with a short block
>and what work has to be done

At bare minimum you're looking at the used 2.0 block( I got min for $300)
and then a  new head gasket, intake manifold gasket, timing belt and
tensioner.  Going by the tectonics catolog I have (only price reference
I've got) you would be looking at about another $200.  The prices in my
catolog are probably high and one of our list members in the parts business
such as Potterman would probably be cheaper.  This is minimum of course,
you probably should replace the head bolts, pressure plate to crank bolts
and the crank seals while it's out of the car.  Some new/upgraded motor
mounts wouldn't hurt either.  Good luck.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)