[tech] valve seals

I just finished replacing my head gasket and a few various other
gaskets that were leaking a large amount of oil.  Now I've found that
my car actually burns the stuff (not lots), and I did the decleration
vacuum and discouvered it's probably my crusty valve seals.  What I
would like to know is, do I have to take off the head to do this or to
do it properly?  Cause taking off the head is bad (didn't replace head
bolts, last time, couldn't put them on again) but if the guides and
seats should be replaced as well, and they can't come out without the
head comin off, well fine.  HTH

==
Scottish
'83 Rocco