sunroof crank

Some time ago, I read on a web page (a memeber page of the scricco ring)
that there was a metal replacement for the factory suroof crank.
Apparently it was a metal handle made for some other make of car which had
the same supplier for it's sunroof parts?

Anyhow, my SECOND OEM plastic handle in the last 5 years just broke.  It
costs $42.41 to replace (VW roder number 443877453B) and I was hoping to
avoid this by finding the more durable metal alternative.

The problem is, the web page where I originally found the solution is no
longer active.  Does anyone know where I can find this handle?

-Aaron
 84 8V Scirocco