engine mounts

What is involved in replacing the engine mounts on a 84 8V Scirocco?  And
what are the best possible engine mounts for the job?

Bottom line is, my car is getting louder by the month, and my dash is
vibrating like there's no tomarrow.  From reading previous posts, I'm
hoping this will be a solution.

Also, I am having cold start problems which has gotten significantly worst
over the last two years.  I hear that grounding may be a problem, but I
noticed no difference when I ran a ground from the alternator to the
chassis.  Mechanic says it is the warm-up regulator...  but I'm skeptical.
Any info?

-Aaron
 catacomb@psu.edu
 84 8V Scirocco