Re: [mk1] do i have a 1.6 or a 1.7?

Ryan,

On my 81 Scirocco, it had the 1.7l motor.  For the life of me, I don't know
why it says 1.6, but a mechanic told me that it was a 1.7l.  The H on the
back of the block tells you also that it is a 1.7.  If someone knows
otherwise, pleaz correct me.

Sal

At 12:40 PM 1/31/99 +0000, you wrote:
>this kinda confuses me, the car is a 1981 S, has the proper EN engine
>code associated with that year which is a 1.7L correct? (USA). But
>the head has a 1,6 stamped on the front and a H stamped on the front
>too. Is this a replaced head?
>
>ryan
>
>--

-It's only wrong if you get caught.   -JMK

-We are all prostitutes.   -Me