Re: Oil pan - bolt

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:17:24 -0800 (PST) Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
writes:
>I know this has been brought up before, but...
>
>What was the trick for getting at the bolt or two on the
>oilpan near the tranny bellhousing?  I'm trying to fix the
>latest acquisition from last weekend and need to do some
>further investigating.  Anyone?  Shawn?
>
>Daun Yeagley
>sick '85 Scirocco

Ahhh, they always come to running to me.

OK, heres the kewl trick. Listen up, im only gonna say this once. :)

Get yourself a 1/4" drive, 10mm socket. Get a 6" long 1/4" drive
extension and either use a 1/4" drive ratchet or use a 3/8" ratchet and
adapter. Whatever. The whole trick is to use the small diameter extension
to get up into where the 2 bolts are that are really tight against the
tranny tin.

*BONUS INFO* - when your bolting up the oil pan, dont tighten the bolts
until all of the bolts have been started. Dere tiz!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and