Re: non-rocco: Car Stereo

> I bought a bass tube with a built in amp for my
> girlfriend. She has a 1998 VW
> Beetle. How do I hook the amp up to her factory
> stereo? Are their preamps on
> the factory headunit? I've installed plenty of car
> stereos, but everyone I
> installed had an aftermarket headunit with preamp
> outputs...

Usually, stock radio's don't haave RCA out, so what
you need is an amp that has a high power input. What
this does is let you hook up the wires from the stock
rear speakers to the amp and then from there you can
power the sub. Check the back of the bazooka and see
if it has anything like that.

Maybe there is another way of doing this, but as far
as I know, this is how it's done.

HTH!!

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)