Retrofitting Heated Seats / Canada

Hey roc-folks,

I've been freezing myself every morning leaving home at 6am before the sun
has risen or the dew has lifted. Despite the fact that the excellent seat
bolsters hug you around those tight corners, they're cold as hell! So,
what I'm writing this message for is:

1. To find out from those of you who have heated seats in your VWs, if
   they're worth having, easily broken, good/bad/so-so, etc...

2. To find out what is involved in retrofitting heated seats in my 87 16V
   with A/C (or more likely just the drivers seat). Has anyone done this?
   What wiring/cutting/fitting was necessary? Did you get the parts from a
   yard or the dealer? How much? Are there any aftermarket heated seat
   kits available?

3. To see if there are any "neat" parts available only in canada from the
   dealer other than the 16V distributor seals. Like special edition
   sasquach mudflaps or something.

Also, if there are any listers who'd like to be "canadian correspondants"
and pull me some heated seat parts from a yard up there, i'd appreciate
it. I'm pretty close to the border (4-5 hours), but I don't know the
shops, yards, or dealers in the BC area at all.

Thanks,

-Toby

BTW, does anyone on the list in Seattle have a silver 8v with rims and a
eurosport sticker on the windshield?

--
'87 Flash Silver Metallic Scirocco 16V