ND show info

>From Michelle at ND.. she has been following our discussion of the
show and sent me the following info:

-------------

Hi!

Was reading the posts on the list and just wanted to repost the
following to you in case you didn't see it before...

Get ready for the biggest west coast VW event of all times!

New Dimensions' 8th Annual Charity Car show is moving to a
bigger location! The year 2000 event will tentatively be held on
Sunday May 21, 2000 to raise cash and food donations for the
Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara County

To accommodate all cars, the supporters and VW enthusiasts,
New Dimensions is finalizing plans to move the event to coincide
with the De Anza auto cross held at De Anza College in Cupertino,
CA (approx. 10 miles from the Santa Clara location). This new
location will allow over 200+ cars (maybe even as many as 400+)
to be shown as well as plenty of room for spectator parking . There
will be many vendors, as well as other exciting events.

For more information please check the New Dimensions web page
soon for more details and pre-registration.  Finally! A show for the
west coast. Come on, we took ND to the East coast for Waterfest
so lets get the east and midwest VW owners to come back to
California to enjoy a weekend of sun, fun and great VW events.
We may be able to put-on a rally with enough interest or welcome
party Saturday night also.  E-mail Michelle and let her know if you
would be interested in any of those events!

Northern California is a dream vacation place with San Francisco,
Monterey and Santa Cruz so close. Heck, Great America is so
close you could drop the kids off on the way to the show and pick
them up afterwards.

Let's show the public how much VW owners care about helping
others and the community. As always, this is the 8th year as a
non-profit event. We will need volunteers to help pull this off so if
you can help out it would be appreciated. We will put up an on-line
helper form soon, or email us. This is a great way for all VW clubs
to get involved and show your strong memberships. We would love
each club to host a booth and participate with volunteers in many
areas. We will again have an award for club participation - (the club
with the most members pre-registered in the car show)

One change is that unfortunately we will have to eliminate the free
hot dogs and soda in favor of using food vendors at the location.
These vendors are raising money for other school events so it is
also going to a good cause.

Future plans for 2001may expand it to a two day event.
Show/autocross and one track day depending on the participation
in 2000. With the help from everyone we can start a whole new way
to have VW events.

General admission to view the show will be 5 cans of food per
person or $5. Car show entries will be $25 in advance and $35 at
the door. More info will be announced in January. Vendor spaces
are still available and more information can be obtained by emailing
michelle@newdimensions.com. Let your favorite vendors that you
want them
to be there!