leaking 16v distributors

Hey all,
My '89 GTI that I just bought had a leaking dist. so I thought I'd see
if I could reseal it properly. The dealer was of no help as to getting
new seals so I set out about it on my own. It worked.
For those of you with leaking 16v distributors, I've found a way to
succesfully reseal the distributor instead of having to buy a new
unit to the tune of about $200.  If you want more info, drop me an
email.  I'll clean and reseal your distributor and ship it back to you
for $80, if your hall effect unit is reusable.
My '89 GTI that I just bought had a leaking dist. so I thought I'd see
if I could reseal it properly. The dealer was of no help as to getting
new seals so I set out about it on my own. It worked.
                   Kris Rayner
                  1989 GTI 16V
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
        http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/