Main Fuel Pump Quiet Again

Hi All,

Just replaced my 2.5 yr old main fuel pump last weekend because it was
getting rather loud again.  The first one lasted 10 years but was noisy
as hell for most of that time and finally died 2.5 years ago in traffic.

Didn't want to get surprised in traffic again, and this time I did the
replacement myself.  Got the part from Potterman at a great price -
$135.00.

Now everything's super quiet again.

QUESTION:  Anybody know why the main pump gets so noisy after awhile?

In the past year I've replaced the transfer pump with a Pierburg
(prevous was a VW recall fix) and redone my Alternator to battery +
cable with 2 guage wire for much better voltage.

Maybe I'll be OK from now on.  Yes?

Thanks!

Jay Bichanich
86.5 Scirocco 16V Red (Original owner)