Re: Single Wiper Conversion

IMHO!!!
It looks cool and does not work as well. The stock mono wiper does not have
full coverage.
The race car owners reduce the weight of the cars and only one wiper is
acutely needed.
The conversion is just for looks and simplification. VW made the MK1 first
with 2 wipers,
then switched to mono and then back. If you live in a place that rains often
keep the two
wipers. If you want your car to look more race, go mono. People have made
modifications to make
the mono wiper rest in the center and go the full distance. Ask your self
how much effort
do you want to put in to this thing? I have both mono and duel systems
because I have 2 roccos (MK1 MK2).
On the MK1 Mono I use a 19 inch blade with a single MK2 duel arm. It works
better than
the stock arm and blade system. You should get a different arm to get better
coverage. It needs to have an
offset to work without hitting the seal on the driver's side (Mine hits).
Look at my car on my web page to
see how it rests on shutoff.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"