...maybe no Scirocco 1 after all...

<x-flowed>I was supposed to go on my 500 mile trip to OH to pick up my 75 S1 on Friday
night. My reservation for a rental truck (incase it needed to be towed) was
cancelled (due to overbooking), so I can't pick it up this weekend.

The next available time for me is the Sunday after NewYears, because I'll be
in Chicago. We'll swing by OH to pick it up on the way home.

I just spoke to the guy, and he was less than thrilled. I asked him if he
wanted me to give him a deposit, to show good faith. He replied that he
wanted all the money mailed to him for him to hold it. He said he has 4
other potential buyers. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable sending
all of it, and if he wanted to sell it to the second highest bidder, I'd
understand, but I would prefer for him to hold onto it for me.
He's gonna call me back tomorrow, but it doesn't look good.
so, maybe there's no S1 in my future after all!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop