Re: Parts Upgrades...

In a message dated 12/16/1999 9:18:13 AM Pacific Standard Time, xjosh@one.net
writes:

<<  "When introduced, the media was quick to point out that this car would
 >  out-accelerate, out-handle, and out-brake a Porsche 944." >>

    Part of this statement is true, a 16v Scirocco will outaccelerate a
Porsche 944
(S, S2, and Turbo models excluded of course).  But I question the handling
part, especially if they are referring to a 16V Scirocco with stock
suspension.  The 944 has almost a perfect front to rear 50/50 weight
distribution with the engine in front and the rear longitudinal transaxle in
the rear, and thus makes for an optimally handling car (I know from personal
driving experience).

    My buddy used to own a 944 S2, and there is no way in hell and gone that
a 16v Scirocco could even hang acceleration-wise with that car.  Granted by
that time the 944 had been massively upgraded.

    I have a 16v Scirocco that hauls major ass for sure, and kicks some big
time ass through the curves, I would never cast any shadow of doubt on the
fact that the 16v Scirocco, in my personal opinion is most definetely the
best kick-ass/haul ass bang-for-the-buck car that there is........period.

Ben
88 16v Scirocco