Re: Scirocco Engine Swaps

Nathan wrote:
<<<Yes it is tru the 16v's do alot better in top
end, but just as a personal opinion I would rather be quick than fast. I love
being able to take off like a sling shot and be half a football fields length
away before the guy next to me realizes the light turned green.>>>

After having just driven the hell out of a otherwise stock16V with a 4k
Transaxle with stock gears other than the .75fifth, I have to disagree.  IN
MY OPINION, disregarding any dyno charts I've seen, the ONLY reason that
8valvers even keep up to a 16V is thanks to that final drive ratio.  This
tranny made the 16V a lot zippier especially off the line.  I will eventually
rebuild  my *new* transaxle with a different final drive.  Also.... when my
car was fairly new & stock 9 years ago, nobody that I knew could keep up with
me racing in their stock 8valve cars.  Yeah, I burnt the hell out of my
clutch, but I pulled on them.

Dan May - Greensboro NC
8716VScirocco
95Pathfinder