Call me a cry baby...

<x-flowed>BUT...  I just paid about 70 US dollars (40 GB Pounds) to fill the tank of
my Scirocco!

This is out-of-control!...  maybe I'll swap my 1.6 for a 1.1L.

Naaah...

I still find myself walking to the left side of the car, only to find the
passenger seat.  It always happens at the gas station. Also shifting with
your left hand is the biggest pain.  Sitt in your passenger seat and try it.
  But I persist.  Alot of great drivers come from Britain and people here
are pretty serious about cars. I'm sure they feel the same when they move to
a country with RH Drive cars.

I still can't get over how cool the Scirocco looks.  It's a shame that in
the US our Scirocco's came with such big bumpers... definitely took
something from the look of the car.

I can't wait to get the top cut off  It'll look amazing and be amazing to
drive.  I've drawn up some plans to make the top come off in three pieces.
The roof and each of the door tops. The door tops will be cut so that they
can slide in and out of place I'll use a small bolt to secure them.

Installed my "Optimus" stereo last night.  Yeah baby!  It has one of those
jacks in the front for the Portable CD player and I found a nice place under
the dash for that too.  The speakers worked fine so I'll keep them for the
first year or so.  Call me cheap but unless I'm listening to classical music
or watching a lucas flick, I can care less about getting top quality sound.
I doubt I'll be doing any of that in my car.  I'll probably have the Mighty
Mighty Bosstones blairin' or somethin.

Got a compass for driving my "arse" around London.  It's too complicated to
try to remember the street names.  Also installed a nice wheel cover and
Aluminum pedals.

Got the engine steam cleaned so I can determine where the oil leak is
comming from.  I know the oil sensor is leaking so I'll be buying a new one
from the dealer.  I also replaced all fuses and generally cleaned up the
fuse box.  Also replaced some bulbs (Blinkers, brakes, license plate...)

The care goes to the dealer this weekend for Tune-up, oil change and spark
plugs... So I got a coupon, ok?   I also want then to check the timing and
change the timing belt.

Feel free to offer suggestions/criticise...

Armando

89 Scirocco GT (left hand drive)
1.6L 8V 5Spd

Money spent so far (Includes car): $856

General maintenence
(Done: 30%)

Upgrade 1: Custom targa top, cosmetics
(Done: 20%)

Upgrade 2: Slotted Brakes, improved suspension (lowered 1"), Sport tires
(Done: 0%)

Upgrade 3: Engine Swap (2.0L short block 8v), Sport Exhaust, K&N Filter.
(Done: 0%)

Upgrade 4: Wheels, Sway bars
(Done: 0%)

Upgrade 5: Erebundi ground package?