RE: What the Hell is in that Taurus!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Yeay, that's what happens when Ford decides they can build an engine as good
as the Japanese can.  They go from a kick-ass Yamaha V6 to a dog AKA an
American V8.  It may have been a marketing thing to try and sell it to the
wannabe ex-gearheads who think you have to have 8 cylinders to have an
engine or something.  I don't have any experience related to the earlier
ones, but I had a roommate in college who had a '92 SHO, and although nobody
likes Ford less than me, if I were to buy a Ford, that would probably be the
one.  It was just a nice, comfortable, fast car.

It just escapes me why Ford would want to start using their own engines
after such success with the earlier SHO.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating
'87 Nissan truck - Soon to be for sale