Re: battery drain myths and old ladys tales!

ok no offense to the poster, as i have read this story many
many times...now maybe it varies from cars but on my 1981
Scirocco-S I have been driving it withought an instrument
cluster, without a dash, without anything but a steering
wheel! and my car has be running 50 miles daily and
starting fine for the last 2 months...even jumped 2 other
cars in that time period.

its simple electricity flow from the alt to yer battery.
it is recommeneded to run 2 10au, or like 1 4au wire directly
from the alternator + to the battery +. I usualy use a stock
alt to starter wire to make this conenction. If your alt is
good, and your battery continues to drain its either a> a bad
battery, or b> an elec drain somewhere and god help you finding
it! =]

Ryan
OK, I think the problem might lie in the connection to the instrument
cluster. I have never experienced this myself, but I've heard that if
the instrument cluster is not there, then the battery won't charge.
Something about the battery warning light acting as a switch to turn on
the charging system. Check all those connections, and clean them real
well. Possibly there is a bad connection than impairs charging.