Diagnosis? Please?

hey all

The rocco died on me yesterday.  For the last few days
of fairly cold weather, it has taken a few minutes to
warm up.  Coughing and such.. but if I would rev it it
would stop coughing, and run fine.

Day before yesterday - cranked twice for 15 sec's then
on the third time it started up.  Coughed, revved it,
it was fine.

Yesterday - started on the first crank, got to the end
of the street, coughed at idle, revved it around the
corner, ka-put.  Now it won't start at all.

The fuel filter is less than a year old, so it's not
there.  Cranks fine so not starter or plugs or wires
or battery, etc.

so that leaves

fuel pump relay
fuel pump
plugged cat
????

whaddaya think?

my poor car is having a hell of a time in Colorado..
southern born and bred - probably never been in temps
below 50deg before now.

Thanks in advance
Mark

=====