Re: A/C Panel Backlight

Is there a difference between the controls of an 8V and 16V? the heater/AC
bulb on my 8v was burned out too but it slid right out of the faceplate and
while I did need to get an adapter thing from the dealer (about $8) and a
bulb (also from dealer, it's an Osram bulb) I didn't have to modify anything
and it now works.  Unfortunately the bulb is intermittent now only 30K miles
later, as is the one behind the clock :(  But anyway before you go too nuts
on this "project" maybe you should look at some older 'rocs in a junkyard
next time you have a chance.

good luck

nate