New Distributor, but sluggish...

I just had a new distributor put in my 16v Scirocco because the seal went bad
and killed the hall sender. Now my car is very sluggish in lower rpms. It is
like there is no power. I can be cruising at like 2000 RPMs and punch the
gas, but the tach. will just crawl up. It seems like once I get past about
3000 RPMs or so it is fine and picks up. Anyone know what it could be? It
never did this before I had the new distributor put in. TIA...

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L