All good things...

<x-flowed>...must come to an end.

The uGLI has carved its final corner.

Tonite, after night school, I hopped into the uGLi to go home. I let the car
warm up for a while cause it was FREEZING out. I pulled out of the parking
lot, and got up to speed... but I didn't let the tires get hot (yoko a-008R-
old school road race tires). I also think the rear pressures were down,
because when I went to turn a corner, the rear end snapped SO quickly and SO
violently around, I thought I got hit by another car.
The uGLI was catapulted into a bridge support. The front end was moved over
a good 3" and the rear axle was bent under from the car landing hard on the
driver side. I thought it was going over, but luckly it didn't.

It cannot be fixed.

The silver lining is that almost none of the parts were damaged except the
body. The rear wheel has a chip in it, but you could do more damage rubbing
a curb. The euro lights survived, minus one blinker. The suspension seems
fine, just moved over. I'll have to check to be sure, tho. The motor is
completely fine.

I'll be my upper stress bar is toast, tho!  I'm pretty sure that's why the
passenger side is pushed out so faar.

So keep your eyes peeled for a cheap (free?) gti shell, or try to pick some
parts out that you'd want to buy. I'm in a weird situation right now
$$$-wise, so who knows what the future brings for me...

Peace.

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus