Re: Speedo

<x-flowed>>Anyone out there know where to get, how to fab, or whatever it takes to get
>a 140+ mph speedo for the MK1?  I get to 100, then go to the little pin that
>stops the needle, then it starts hoppin.  So, I don't know how fast I am
>really going!!   Maybe a different speedo that will fit in the same spot??

The only way to get a 140mph unit into the Mk1 cluster is to find one
of the 220kph speedo units and buy the gauge face set from me which
allows you to re-face the 220kph unit into a 140mph unit.  I've done
this at least once, maybe twice, for other people.  I believe the complete
list of Mk1 speedos available were 85, 100, 110, 120 in mph.

>Plus, is there going to be a gearing difference between the 16v trans and
>the MK1 instrument cluster?  Sometimes I feel like the speedo is lying to
>me!

You just need to match the final drive speedo gear colors.  Look at the
gear color (at the end of the speedo cable going into the transaxle)
and get the same color for your speedo cable.  Not sure if this
translates between mk1 and mk2 speedo cables, but I'm fairly certain
it does.

>Dave

==Brett