Re: Transmission Swap

Michael Atkisson wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to put a cable shifted tranny in
> a A1 chassis.  I have access to a wrecked passat with
> a 2.0L 16V and a 5 Speed tranny.

Are you sure that thing's cable shifted?  Doesn't sound right.. <??>

That said - if it is - trust me, you don't want it!  The VW cable shifters
absolutely SUCK.  I'm on my second one and it's the one thing I absolutely
DREAD about the VR6 cars.  My comment to AutoWeek when they were compiling
data for their review on the new GTI GLX was "my 13 year old Scirocco
shifts better - this is progress??"

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0