Re: Warpig and the $1500 challenge

Chris Chemidlin wrote:
Car looks good with the euro bumper and the new wheels dude!
Why, thank you, sir. Those are gen-you-wine Panasport Lites in the 14x7 flavor. Offset is 25mm if I'm not mistaken. Now all I need to do is actually give the car some proper spring rates and it'll actually handle. Believe it or not, I've still got those NASTY originals on there. With the sticky rubber and a top-heavy roll cage, the car leans all over the friggin' place. It definitely lives up to it's nickname. Methinks I'll try something like 250/175lbs front and rear with no roll bars. (This is a rally car after all...)
Where'd the flamethrowers go?
-into my garage of all places. See, I don't actually rally with those dainty-little euro bumpers and I didn't want to drill them full of holes. Therefore, the lights stayed home. One of these days when I learn how to lay up fiberglass, I'm going to make a custom light pod for the hood. I picked up a set of those neato R&A Design "big" bumpers and plan to sink a couple of round fog lights into them a'la Mitsubishi Lancer EVO or Subaru Imprezza WRC. -or almost any other modern rally car for that matter, I guess...
Your sponsered by Hodi's? Since when?  I used to work with Lou at Rydell VW.
  He had a ratty but quick S1...
Yep, Hodi helps me out big time and has been on board only for about two months or so. Right now we're still filling each other out, determining where we each can add value to the business relationship. At the moment, I'm developing a major website with e-commerce features towards that effect. And, I've aligned myself with Todd Sager at Air & Water Enterprises as a key supplier of hotrod bits and expertise. The only thing left is to get a commercial sponsor on board with a trunk -er, ...hatchback full of cash. So far, I've reduced a lot of my team operating costs. However, I still haven't actually *subsidized* my rally habit.

By the way, I think that I was sitting in that very same Scirocco Mk1 this morning. -OLD SCHOOL, baby!!!! Uh huh huh, four-speeds are cool. Yeah, yeah. Heh heh heh.... :^)

Think he'd take a look at the uGLI before the $1500 challenge in exchange
for his name on the car?
I'm sure that it could happen. In fact, I think that it could be a good first step towards legitamate sponsorship. That is, I/we offer a substantial sort of exposure, and he does a job for free rather than discount. It could help affirm the relationship.
Are you still interested?
Yeah, I am interested in doing this. It would mean missing the Black River Stages Rallly up in Harrison, NY. However, I was only going to crew for a buddy anyway. Hmmm.... this could be a good way to become famous...
Im trying to con, er..
I mean convince my Dad's company to front the gasoline bill for his name on
the car.  But its a crane company in NJ, not exctly the kinda guy who needs
their logo in a national car magazine...
Well, I'll be honest a major consideration as far as this endeavor is concerend is the financial logistics. Simply put, how much should this cost us? Barring the unforseen expenses, what are you figuring that this should cost?
I can't go unless its paid for- Un-employment really took its toll on my
bank account.
Well, that sounds good. That is, the "unless its paid for" part of the statement! :^)
We got a place to sleep in Daytona if we want...
Free beds are beautiful things... and my light rack plus any other worthy car bits could be donated to the cause. Of course, they have to be accounted for dollar-wise as per GRM's rules, but... Hey, wait a minute. I'm actually sounding as if I'm committing to this project. Where'd that come from, dammit? I've in the middle of a job search, myself...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut