Re: Another seller's head to be examined

Yesterday, I was looking thru OLD CAR TRADER, a national magazine to buy and
sell , well... Old cars.
A pristine 1967 21 window deluxe Microbus could be the most desirable of the
Type II line up, and good examples can go for $20-30,000 USD.  Well there
was a guy in there asking $100,000 for his gawd damn bus. I mean, c-mon...
For 100k I could buy one of every model VW put out. 1 bug, 1 ghia, 1
squareback, 1 notchback, 1 fastback, 1 bus, 1 pickup, 1 crewcab, 1 t-3 ghia,
1 thing, 1 dasher, 1 rabbit, etc.......

>From: "Dave Novak" <toastworks@hotmail.com>
>
>Ugh. Yesterday, I was up in Amherst, MA helping my buddy move in to his new
>apartment.
>
>I saw this for sale at a gas station:
>
>"1987 Scirocco 16v, 131,000mi, Assembled in Germany"
>
>The teardrops were pretty fucked up, numerous scratches on the body.
>Overall
>in not that bad shape, but not that great shape...
>
>Here's the punchline... He was asking $4,000.
>
>Sigh.
>
>-Dave
>'81 Scirocco 16v

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN