Re: Scirocco 16v Cosmetic Issues

>In a message dated 8/22/99 10:43:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>kevinc@flashcom.net writes:
>
><< Take this at face value - but IMHO the roc's I've seen with the trim
>removed
> look worse than with it on there.  Car looks naked.  Also you lose the
> protection of the moulding..  >>
>
>I agree.  I can also look at the trim closely and see little marks where some
>one elses door contacted my car.  They would have been nasty door dings if
>the trim was not there.
>
>Brian 86 16v without any dings

Man, I think you guys are wacky. :)  The car looks sooo much cleaner (IMHO)
without the side mouldings...and if you've got a nice enough car to worry
about door dings, you mean to tell me you're still parking in places where
people can part next to your ride? ;-)

I'm mouldingless, and door-ding free after a couple of years without
the rubber strips.  Of course, I don't mind the extra walk I get from
parking out where only the expensive, and usually european, cars are
parked. :) YMMV...

later!

==Brett