Re: When it's really REALLY stuck on...

>In a message dated 8/23/99 7:15:43 PM, brett@netacc.net writes:
>
>>Anyone else have a favorite solvent?  Or better yet, a favorite solvent
>>story?
>>
>>later!
>>
>>==Brett
>
>I used a paint melting gun and Jasco paint and epoxy remover to get all of my
>noise dampening out.
>
>Nate

Well I can't compete with you guys peeling the paint off the rotors of
military helicopters, but if you're looking for something to take glue off
without altering your DNA try real citrus oil.  Not the stuff that's
petroleum solvent with citrus oil in it, but pure citrus oil.  We used it
in the shop to take goop off of guitars and other stuff without damaging
whatever's underneath.  It's the best for getting the residue from
stickers, duct tape, etc off. When I squeezed a little too tight into a
spot and got some white paint on my van from a nearby Honda (oops) it took
it right off.

Leaves things lemony fresh, too.

Mike