Re: When it's really REALLY stuck on...

well this isn't so much a solvent story as a relation to the chemical
burns...  I had an 84 gti that had a broken hose from the pickup-external
metal hose (don't know why they had to put a flexible hose in there to
dissolve over time)....
It made my car stall in right hand turns with anything less than 3/4 tank!
I had to cut the fuel guage sender hole a little
bigger to get my hand down in there..... not thinking about how long this
would take I opted to leave the gas in there.......  about four hours of
swishing my hand around in the tank I went in the house cleaned up and
noticed skin flaking off of my bright red arm/hand...
can you say gas is an organic solvent?  SURE I KNEW YOU COULD.

Mark Madison
mmadison@aracnet.com