Re: Scirocco 16v Cosmetic Issues

Vaughn8v@aol.com wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have an 88 16v and I would like to remove the rubber side trim from it.  I
> talked to a guy that removed his and he said something about some item that
> is used at body shops that removes adhesives.  I guess it can be applied to a
> cordless drill like a DeWalt or something and removes the adhesive after just
> pulling the side moulding off.  Does anyone have any particular experience
> with this?

 Don't use anything that attaches to a high speed drill. Use a heat gun
to soften up the adhesive first, then gently pull up the strip and keep
this process going until its all gone. To remove any left over glue
residue use "Goo-Gone" or "Citra-Safe". Basicly any non-corrosive
cleaner will do. This is if you want the paint underneath to remain in
good condition.

Feenix...