Re: power steering on sciroccos

At 08:38 PM 8/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>  I agree.  I prefer manual steering, especially at higher
>speeds.  Although around town power steering is a good thing!
>I have always wanted to figure out a way to "tighten" up the
>power steering on my 16v.  I doubt it is possible, but does
>anyone know a way to make p.s. not so loose feeling and make
>it more tight/responsive?  Just thinking...

I had the same opinion about the power steering on my 16V, compared to my
previous 8V which didn't have power steering. I improved the steering
somewhat by replacing alot of worn components(strut bearing, ball joints,
etc). But the thing I added that really seemed to make it feel better to
me, was the Velocity diff shim kit. This may sound odd, but it was a very
noticeable improvement to me. Before doing all of this work, I had wanted
to convert to manual steering, but I think I am happy with how it feels now...

Brad