Re: Scirocco 16v Cosmetic Issues

--- Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/22/99 10:43:02 PM Eastern Daylight
> Time,
> kevinc@flashcom.net writes:
>
> << Take this at face value - but IMHO the roc's I've seen
> with the trim
> removed
>  look worse than with it on there.  Car looks naked.
> Also you lose the
>  protection of the moulding..  >>
>
> I agree.  I can also look at the trim closely and see
> little marks where some
> one elses door contacted my car.  They would have been
> nasty door dings if
> the trim was not there.

I'll agree with that.  I've had a couple of 'rocs that the
p.o. had removed the side trim, and they all had door
dings.  Both my Mk 2s have the trim intact.  Which reminds
me, where can I get some of that trim - I'm going to be
replacing the driver's door on the '85 and the door I've
got doesn't have any trim.  Anyone?

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry