Re: is my car an "S"?

At 01:47 AM 8/23/99 -0400, UrGTI@aol.com wrote:
>I recently bought a 1980 scirocco and am wondering if it is an "S" model .
>
>Is there a code in the VIN that I can look up ? I would like to know soon
>since its pic is going up on our club site soon and I would like to have
>accurate info.
>
>Some of the features it has leads me to belive it is.
>
>Dual  wing mirrors w/remote adjusters
>seats w/height adjusters and bolsters
>Holes where a spoiler would have been
>5 speed
>
>Jasin
>2.0 16v "80"

I don't think height adjusters were specific to the "S" as my plain '81 had
them.  I don't know abut the 5 speed either- I thought most VW were 5
speeds by then.  Anyone could've drilled holes for "a spoiler"- I've got a
few also.
What you need to look at is- No chrome on the window rubber, black door
handles, red stripe on the bumpers, and they apppear to have nicer seats(
recaro like).

Good luck.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'86 Volkswagen Scirocco- 8V, stock
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is in/
and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)