Re: Horsepower and torque

I've got a 1.8l DX 8v engine with in stock form 112hp and 110lb/ft (?)
Mine currently has 121hp at the flywheel. (This is a UK spec car)

Andy
91 Scala

PR Brundell <prb@psychology.nottingham.ac.uk> on 23/08/99 15:00:38

 To:      "scirocco-l@scirocco.org" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

 cc:      (bcc: Andrew Holmes/EUZ/ChubbMail)

 Subject: Re: Horsepower and torque

Slim wrote:

         I wuz wondering if anyone know the rough horsepower and torque
 of various vw engines?

 I used to have an 81 scirocco with the 1.7 and it was 79 HP I believe. I
 know have the 1.8l 8v in an 85 and was wondering its power output. Also
 what that 2.0l 16v is stock?

Is there much difference between the various engines? I've got an EX, I
thought that was the only 1.8l engine. That's 90 HP I think.

SPat '87 1.8 8V Paprika Scala.