Re: Idle Problems

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Slim wrote:

>     Hello all I am new to this list. I have a 1985 VW scirocco. It is in
> decent shape. I just order Upper stress Bars and Lower stress bars
> (front) Also new front/rear sway bars. I can hardly wait to put 'em in
> anyway on to the problem.... When I start my (cold) it has a hard time
> idleing. When I start off in first gear it kinda hesitates, also it
> idles erracticly.  After it warms up it runs fine. WIERD EH? I think may
> be running lean. It is fuel injected 1.8L 8V (I want a 2.0 16v!!! If i
> can ever find one cheap heheh)

Not wierd...typical actually...could be a number of things...thermo time
switch bad, aux air regulator bad... etc...but from what you say later
on..I'd have to say it's a combingation of two things...

>     Also I have been wanted to put an oil pressure gauge in. The problem
> is that I want to keep the idiot light connector on the block. So what I
> need is a T connector problem is I can;t find a metric threaded T
> connector anyware up here in canada!! AHHHHHH any ideas where I can get
> such I kit??

Just get a dual sender dude!

> Another gauge I want to add is a fuel pressure gauge to see if maybe my
> fuel pressure is off (the above problem) From what I understand the fuel
> pressure controls your fuel mixture in the cis system. (I think i have
> cis-e actually. Another thing worth noting is that there is a wierd
> busing sound coming from the fuell distributor it isnt always there it
> comes and goes? Any ideas???

OK...your buzzing should ALWAYS be there...if it buzzes and quits, buzzes
and quits your oxygen sensor is bad...replace it andthen start looking
into your cold start problems...

Eric