Fw: non-roc (audi A4)

-----Original Message-----
From: POTATO! <theforce@invasion.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 11:04 PM
Subject: non-roc (audi A4)

>the 1.8t uses a distributorless ignition, does anyone know how it
>works?...does it use plugs at all?...individual coils?
>
>jsut curious....looking under the hood of my friends' A4 today and he
>didnt know how the ignition system worked
>
>dave

It should be similar to a knock sensor ignition except instead of the
distributor distributing the spark, it has crank and cam sensors that send
signals to the computer and in return sends it to coil packs (probably two,
one for two cylinders) and sending it to the plugs.  Yes, it still has spark
plugs.  Gotta!

Dave