Re:

> From what information I seem to have found, there seems
> to be a common
> issue with wiring and fuse panels in the Scirocco (?)

Yep, fairly common.  Water leakage from the windshield seal
and / or antenna hole in the fender.

> The first problem with this vehicle is that it apparently
> stalls - only on
> hot days - after around a 15 mile drive. It then takes a
> couple of hours to
> restart the vehicle.

Almost positive it's the transfer pump located in the tank.
 Pretty easy to change and not *terribly* expensive either.
 There was a recall on this so it wouldn't hurt to call the
dealer with the VIN# to see if it's been taken care of or
not.

As for the electronics problems, I'm not the one to ask...

HTH!

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry