McGuyver Lives on in VW owners

    Well, today I found a new best friend SAFETY PINS! Yes, I got home with
the help of a safety pin. My Shifter gave out tonight in Greenwich
Connecticut. If you haven't been there don't visit at night. I shuts down at
around 9pm. Accept for the supermarket which closes at like 10pm. Well, I was
driving to grab food at the drive thru before it closed for the night and my
shifter just stopped working. I was stuck in second gear. So I coasted into
the Grand union parking lot. I messed with it in the car and nothing
happened. SO I popped the hood and found that I can't see a damn thing cause
its night time. Oh wait I'm in a supermarket parking lot, I'll buy a
flashlight. OK I now have the flashlight and find that my weighted rod got
disconnected from the rest of the linkage. Great nothing in this town is open
what am I going to use to fix this. Well, I tried a thin key ring but t
wouldn't fit. Then I thought hey when I was younger and a crusty little punk
what did I use to fix everything. Safety pins and duct tape!

    So I Ran back in got a pack of big (thicker as well) safety pins, and
some more duct tape (you never know when you can use it ).  So I used the
safety pin in the place of the clip and it held up a rather brutal ride home.
I'm going to see how long this last before putting the proper pin back in.
Who knows this might be a better way to keep your shift linkage together. Hmm
this was a pointless letter but I felt like sharing the power of a safety pin
and duct tape. Oh and mechanics gloves. I never made it to the drive thru.
But Mac & Cheese was good.